Friday, April 15, 2011

Rome

 Our first hotel in Rome. We were so excited that we each had our own bed! I told Emily to do a model pose to show off the room. Ha ha.
 In the Piazza Novana. This fountain is in a few movies. Our fun night out started here.
 Yeah, we weren't drunk... just delirious.
Me and Danilo in front of the first house in Rome.. Really really old building.
 In front of the Colosseum. I love that the city lights all the Roman ruins up at night.
 Spanish Steps. Dani actually filmed us running up and back down all those steps. It's hard to do in heels.
 In front of the Pantheon, aka really cool ancient building.
 I have a secret passion for street art. I don't know tons of the artists but I know this is a Space Invader. I actually found his work in Florence and Paris. Kinda neat. He really likes Pac Man.
 Fontana di Trevi. We are holding up the coins we tossed in and wished for love.. of course.
 In Vatican City with St. Peter's Basilica behind us.
 We couldn't get enough of this street water in Rome, It tasted so good! so yeah, I got my picture taken drinking from one.
 Ok, this picture cracked me up. This is an entry to the Vatican. Notice you have Italian Police on the Rome side and then Vatican Police on the other side of the wall. Hilarious to me.
 Sheryl and I got a private tour at the Colosseum. We went underneath were no one can really go except for these tours. Really learned a lot and appreciated our tour guide!
 Just taking in the view.
 The Colosseum is HUGE, and could fit a lot of people.
 Outside of the Colosseum
In St. Peter's Basillica. Emily took a lot of pictures so I'll steal hers when she gives them to me. It was breath taking.
Rome was my favorite city. I could definitely go back to Rome. I feel like you can learn so much in that city.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, April! Amazing pictures. But did you seriously tour Rome in those heels?! My feet were killing me everyday in comfortable tennis shoes - I can't imagine touring those streets in big ol' heels! I guess as long as you looked hot, right?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was just one night.... well about 6 hours on the cobble stone roads. I got 5 blisters that night. worth it.

    ReplyDelete