Sunday, April 3, 2011

Paris Day 1

We made it to Paris today! After we left our luggage at the hotel, we made our way to the Louvre. It was so cool and really hard to not get lost in! Em's poor mom had to keep going up and down stairs while we tried to figure out where we were in the ENORMOUS building.  
Yes, I saw her... the Mona Lisa. Everyone says she is so small! I actually thought the painting was a pretty decent size. It's no Sistine Chapel but...

Next we went to Notre Dame during mass which meant it was free and a really cool experience.
I absolutely love stain-glass windows in cathedrals. What art!!

This is our hotel (Hotel France Eiffel), pretty cool location, wee? Good work Emily!
We dropped the very pooped out Momma Sheryl at the hotel and we ran to the Eiffel Tower to see the twinkling lights. I love this structure and the magnificent men who built it.
I love this shot, and yes it was all me... I laid on the nasty ground to get it. AMAZING!
Well, I now have a computer so I can upload pics for you to see. I will try to get some London ones on here tomorrow or later tonight.

3 comments:

  1. Mon doux petit, what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this picture and I'm enjoying reading about your experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No it isn't Lynn I don't know why this said so but had a great time Auntie Carolyn

    ReplyDelete