Sunday, April 10, 2011

Florence Day 2 and 3

Yesterday was my best friend's birthday so first off I want to say happy birthday Lee! Ok Florence. I woke up yesterday in the weirdest funk. I couldn't shake it all day. I felt as if I was drugged on NyQuil. It freaked me out all day but I refused to let it ruin our second day in Florence. We stared the day going to the museum where the original David is. We keep getting lucky because we didn't pay since it was cultural week? I dunno but I felt cultured. We also didn't pay for the Louvre because it was Sunday and it's free that day. We didn't pay to see Norte Dame wither because we went during mass... Someone upstairs knows how much this vacation is already draining my funds :) Back to David; he is an amazing site to behold! First, he is gigantic! Second, I had no idea that was David as in David and Goliath! He even has a sling draped across his back. All I know is Michelangelo did a magnificent job with the fluidity of his body and the stance he has David in really shows the humility and innocence I picture David had when he was given the task to kill the giant. After the museum, we spent the day going to the big market area about a 10 minute walk from the hotel. There we saw a marble replica of the David. Then we ate lunch at the same restaurant Emily visited last time. They have the most amazing tomato soup. I can't wait to go home and try to recreate it, it was THAT good. We shopped a lot yesterday and I found the one thing I wanted in Florence: a leather jacket! It is amazing. I'm sure I paid way too much but I don't want to think about that.

Today was a pretty leisurely day. We went up to one of the David replicas at the Piazzale Michelangelo. It is a bronze replica but still pretty cool and there is a great view of the city! Florence isn't that big I found out.
Scary moment of the day: I was out buying some scarves and I was bartering with the guy. He got really mad because I wS asking for such a low price and he wouldn't even budge so I said, "ok I'll go somewhere else then" he got soooo angry at me, he grabbed my wrist and shook me saying I have to buy for his price. I ended up breaking his grip and walked away to where Em was and bought scarves at the cart right next to his. Haha. I was shaking and sweating after that fun incident. I wish I could put pictures on here but I can't via iPhone. Tomorrow our last stop: Venice!

No comments:

Post a Comment