Thursday, April 7, 2011

Roma, I LOVE ROMA!

Last night and today were magical. Last night, Em and I had a girls night on the Roman town. We got all dolled up in our new clothes and heels (not a great choice when you ended up walking the COBBLED roads for the nezxt 5 hours) and we headed to some of the hot spots to meet my future husband, an italian of course. So we walked to an area called Piazza Novana and I bought a beautiful street painting there and then we got some dinner, pizza of course. Em ended up flirting with the waiter enough to borrow his cell phone to call her friend from Rome, Danilo. It was pretty funny that she was calling a guy from this guy's cell who I'm certain was hoping for a night with one of us...or both. We met up with Danilo around midnight and he drove us all over Rome. I can't wait to post some of the pictures. The old buildings at night are gorgeous all lit up. We went to the Fontana di Trevi (seen in lots of movies), the Basillica, the Spanish Steps, the Colosseum, and about 5 other buildings I cannot remember their names. Dani was a great tour guide giving us little details and stories (maybe not all true but who cares?)
Here is one picture of us in front of the Trevi Fountain. We did the traditional throwing of the coin. We wished for husbands... Haven't found him yet but there is still a few more days left of this trip. :)
I am in love with Italy and am so glad I still have two more stops in Italy before I have to go home. The language is by far my favorite (although I do love the English accent). When people talk they sound almost as if they are singing to you... its very beautiful. And the men... they love to flirt... what a nice change of scene seeing that the men back home can't figure that skill. 
After about 4 hours of sleep I got up and ready to go to the Colosseum with Sheryl (Em stayed in bed since she's seen it) We ended up buying tickets for later in the day and went back so we could take a guided tour under the ampitheatre: best choice I've made so far! I learned so much about the Roman Empire and why they built the Colosseum. Tonight we are meeting up with Dani again so it should be another adventure... but I'm going to be wearing flat shoes tonight. my 5 blisters are cussing at me still from last night. "pain is beauty" yes?

1 comment: