Saturday, April 2, 2011

London Day 3 AM

It's 2:20 and we just got back to the flat. We had a great day so far and basically have seen all the touristy sights. We got up early today and went to Westminster Abbey and Houses of Parliment. We split up and Em's mom toured Westminster Abbey and we went to the Houses of Parliment which I found out is actually the Palace of Westminster and was donated to the Parliment by some king long ago. See? I'm learning. After the tour we met up and took the tube to Buckingham Palace to see "changing of the guards". We got there about 15 mins early but there were loads of people there. We couldn't really see much over the crowds but my camera could. Sorry I can't post pictures, I brought the wrong cord and I don't have a computer that takes a memory card. Next was the famous-but-not-too-exciting London Bridge (is falling down..) I ended up getting lost in the Borough Market and stood in place for about 10mins waiting for Emily to come find me (my mom taught me well). The market was crazy and there were so many people. After looking at the gorgeous Tower Bridge from the London Bridge we were tired and headed back to the flat which takes me to now. Tonight we are going to London's oldest pub and Charles Dickens favorite spot. A random patient of mine suggested it so I figured it should be neat. And I want some sticky toffee pudding while I'm here.

1 comment:

  1. i'll give YOU some sticky toffee pudding! love you! love that you're having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete